Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fairy - Children's Room Art


I created this a few days ago. My daughter's room was in need of colour. Since we have moved, it has taken 4 months to buy furniture and decorate. The walls will eventually be decorated, maybe apple green, since her furniture is pink and yellow, very cool. So this painting really goes with the colour combination. I was trawling through the web looking for inspiration and came across a lady named Liz Murphy. I like her sensative painting style but she also does bold work too. Anyway, this is my little creation which Melissa loves.

I used everything you could imagine in this painting. I glued yellow flowers on it, used glitter, acrylics to paint. I had to mix a lot of my paints to get the desired colours. A tactile painting which I have no doubt all the flowers will be pulled off in no time soon!

I will post a better picture later, as you can see it is hanging on the wall but I took it late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment