Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ramblings to date.

In the summer this year I did another cross-continental move back to Canada. I must be insane moving like this, it's an expensive affair and incredibly stressful moving away from family. To manage with the move and to get a balance in my life I have gone back to yoga, you can read my blog here. I practice Bikram Yoga, I enjoy it because it is demanding and it does not go into spiritual healing and chanting which kind of scares me a bit. I have also been working on a number of journals, like Keri Smith 's Wreck this Journal as mentioned in a previous post.

As I get older I like big personal change least of all, or at least moving around. I want stability and a home but most of all I have what is important to me more than anything - my family. Since I love art I want to pass my passion onto my kids, or at least explore it. I mean what kid does not like playing with paint, clay, coloured pens etc? So during the summer I wanted my kids to experience art without worrying about making a mess. I signed them up to a mixed-media course at 4Cats, it's the perfect studio, in fact they encourage making mistakes and getting messy, you never know what these things can lead to.

Because there has been a lot of change I have not been painting at all. I was doing some doodling and sketching but nothing serious. I also seek inspiration, where I live is so inspiring however, I am not ready to pursue my work at the moment due to other pressure but I am signed up to attend a Photoshop course which I think will help in so many ways; with business and with my art work. I have also been doing a lot of reading, knowledge based reading. How to improve my writing skills, keeping up-to-date with social media platforms and so on.

One of my favourite places to shop for art supplies is Opus Art Supplies in Vancouver. A huge selection of artist materials, it is like a toy shop for artists. Recently I had the pleasure of receiving acrylic paints from Sennelier  in France. I signed up to test their packaging and reviewed it, in return they sent me an unexpected box of paints as a gift. I was thrilled. I have always wanted to try out their paints. I am a lucky girl. So when I get back to painting they will be the first things I play with.

The nights are drawing in and it makes me think more about art, I think it is because when I started painting properly, it was during this time of year. Inside, painting and creating.

Soon, I hope to produce a work of art and post to the site. In the meantime, I will ramble or maybe not post a darn thing until I have something worthy to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment