Sunday, November 24, 2013

Artist: Patti Munro

Patti Munro: Mad Imperfekshen Exhibit in the Gallery
Image: Artist Patti Munro

Patti Munro, animation artist turned artist was exhibiting at my local art center in Port Moody. I witnessed her work a few weeks ago, the last day of showing. Sadly I did not spend enough time looking at her work but one picture struck me, the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. He was amazing, mixed media, with a real watch hanging from his pocket. 

I love Patti's use of materials, they stand out. Her experience as an animation artist shines through, theatrical images and characters that are presented in a manner I have not seen before. Some of her work was a little disturbing, like the beach scene with dolls sunbathing on the beach with missing limbs. Nonetheless I would love to see more of her work as she progresses. 

I am trying to find more information about her as a new artist. I hope she gets a website to show case her work. I want the White Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment