Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas is Nearing.


A few days ago we woke up to this in our garden, the white cold stuff, it makes you go, brrrrrr! It is so lovely to see the sun peaking through the trees and seeing fresh snow on the ground particularly when it is on a weekend and there is no need to go anywhere in a hurry.

I haven't been painting much for a while, I have a few ideas but I am working on sketches on a new, fresh, untouched art pad and I have purchased some lovely new colourful pens. I have ran out of most of my paints which is annoying but I hope to find a parcel under the Christmas tree, wrapped in glorious Christmas paper with lots of art supplies. This remains to be seen since I forgot to put it on my Santa list, I still have time though. 

Photography is also my new found passion and I am learning how to use my DSLR camera to its best ability.   

So with that on my mind I am taking a pledge where I will make art whether it be taking pictures, creating images for my blog or headers, sketching and doodling or making things with my kids like baking and getting the glue sticks out. Getting creative can help to clear the mind and be a stress release by having fun. 

I am looking forward to Christmas and I hope you are too. After what I have been through over the last few years I could do with a nice rest and peace of mind, that would be the greatest gift of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment