Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hope you had a great Christmas and a good start to the New Year. We have had some sunny, cold winter days which is conducive to lovely walks in the parks. Taking my phone camera with me because I often forget to take my DSLR, I took some fabulous pictures on New Year's Eve, 

Posted here are a couple of pictures I took whilst walking around Como Lake. 


Como Lake is located near to mountains but in the middle of a residential area. It is a well used area for picnics, running, walking and so on. The homes that surround the park are somewhat individual in appearance, there is a log house and a historic building and some newer homes too. The mountains can be seen in the background and on days like today the trees often have a sprinkling of snow like icing sugar sprinkled on top of a milk chocolate cake. 



It was a late afternoon walk and as we walked around the lake we watched the sun go down, so pretty. 

You will notice I did a little editing to my images but I don't like to mess around with the colour if I can avoid it. I use PicMonkey which is a quick and easy free editing tool and great for adding text onto an image. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment