Sunday, January 23, 2011

5 minute sketches

I think it is time for my 5 minute sketches to come to an end and start doing some detailed drawings that have some life in them. It has been good getting back into drawing again, I underestimated how much this can help with inspiration, development and creative thinking.

I used to love to draw with varying degrees of HB pencils and I did some great drawings of horse and still life and life models. So now is the time to get some more practice in and see where it takes me.

Below are some studies I did when I was at art college. The horse is Ben, a 16hh gelding, ex-trotting competition horse. I used to ride him and take care of him. I drew this for the owners as a gift. I wonder if Ben is around now, he would be getting on a bit. He was a beautiful chestnut colour and he was a real character - I had to draw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment