Monday, January 17, 2011

Lost Art of Drawing

I have decided to try and fill a book or two of sketches/drawings by the time summer arrives. It has been a while since I have doodled on a sheet of paper and a habit that I have lost since art college. I think it would be wise for me to sketch more to find inspiration in my surrounding that may lead to a painting of substance.

Indeed, I do have three paintings in need of completion. If I was a full time artist they would have been finished by now but I cannot seem to entirely paint them. It maybe that I have 'painters block' but I think for now drawing is something I can do anywhere at anytime. Besides, (I am making excuses to some degree), I am in the middle of de-cluttering and about to sell my house for a new destination entirely and I do not want paintings being damaged in the move as they have in the past.

I will be posting my sketches as I work through my little black art book and who knows what will transpire.

No comments:

Post a Comment