Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter is here - thank goodness.

OK so I had a bit of a rant last but it needed to be said. However, over the last few days I have woken to frost and it looks utterly beautiful. I live in the beautiful county of Hampshire and I am surrounded by fields which I get to go by everyday on the school run. The kids think it has snowed because the ground cover is so white with frost. So now I am a little happier, however we are in a drought situation and I hear that Vancouver has had considerable less rain that is should have, if I recall, only a quarter of its usual amount for the season! So should we now believe that we need to change or are we going to continue as we have before? Perhaps we will be forced to change.

Anyway, I had an amazing weekend last, I visited Jane Austen's museum in Alton and it was fabulous and the tea room across the way had the perfect ending plus letting the kids run off energy at the park. It is well worth a visit just to see the houses in the area and the lovely country, would be utterly fun to walk around with wellies and warm coats. The sun was out and the winter cold set-in but isn't that what winter is all about?

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment