Saturday, May 31, 2014

My next horse painting. Golden Horse.


I have already made a good start on this. The background is blocked in red I will add to this later. The horse itself is developing its shape and colour and I have already started to add detail. It still needs more work but I think this will be finished soon.

The palomino is a colour of a horse, some have tried to turn it into a breed but really they come in all shapes and sizes so it would be hard to define as a breed. I have only ever rode one palomino, they are not all that common, at least in the UK. The pony I rode when I was a teenager was aptly named Goldie and she was lovely. The golden yellow coat and white mane makes then stand out from the crowd. They come in all shades, some are creamy some have a distinct golden coat I want my painting to reflect their golden colour with the light mane. So this painting is based on the palomino and to the lovely Goldie I once rode.

No comments:

Post a Comment