Thursday, March 17, 2011

A new painting in the making

I have a project that I will be starting this weekend. I am hoping it will be finished by early next week.

My time this week has been consumed by painting and cleaning the house so I have done little in the way of art but that, I hope will be rectified in the coming weeks ahead. I hope for a quick sale so that I can make a new place my home. In some ways I find that designing and repainting a house is artistic - interior design is something I looked into a few years ago but decided that I would not make it a career move. I don't regret my decision but in someways I wonder what my working life would have been like it I had entered a creative field. I still have time I guess but starting a junior position does not thrill me either. Anyway, I will stick to painting for now and maybe I could have a future as an Art Director (eventually) or become a rich painter like Picasso. I can dream!

The remainder of the year I will focus on painting and then I will see what happens next.  A new home in my old country seeing all my friends and family (it has been seven years since I lived there) is exciting and is all I can think about, the career move will be my next step.

Home sweet home and home is where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment