Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Doll Face. Hmmmm!

I dabbled with this today - not my proudest moment but I did it. Let's just say it did not turn out how I wanted it to. 
I used acrylics in my sketchbook and the paper really is not good quality for that sort of paint and I spent most of my time pulling stray bristles from a cheap paint brush. See for yourself...
Hmmmmm! I said I would post my work!!!
If I had worked on it and spent some time developing this piece then I think it would have worked in my favour, as it is, it will do and I do not wish to spend hours in a sketch book, I work on canvas for hours.
That said it has given me a better understanding of my style of painting. Depending on the medium used depends on how I paint but one thing stays in sync; my brush strokes. I have been  working towards this and I am getting to the point of understanding my own technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment