Thursday, February 24, 2011

Keri Smith - Book

Today I came across a blog that recommended art literature but the books listed did not take my fancy. I did find however, Keri Smith's books which struck me, so I immediately went to Chapters on my lunch hour and took a look in more detail about what her work is all about. At first I thought that this stuff was for kids and some of it you could do with your kids. What I actually wanted was not in stock but there were several I saw that I wanted. I opted to buy 'How to Be An Explorer Of The World'. I needed something that would open my mind to my surroundings (as many of her books do) but this one fitted the bill.

How To Be An Explorer Of The World
(Picture courtesy of Chapters site)

I have already started to work through it, you can easily doodle in the book and their are pages at the back for projects and it also fits nicely in a medium sized bag. It will give me something to do while I commute by train to work. They would make fab gifts which I intend to get for a few people in my life.

So far I recommend it and I can't wait to get the kids exploring with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment