Monday, February 28, 2011

Inspirational

Check this website out, Dirty Footprints Studio. Her videos are fabulous to watch and she comes across as a lovely person whom you could imagine to be friends with. What I like about her videos is that she uses wonderful music and she ( I believe her name is Connie)  is not at all egotistical but down to earth she also creates wonderful colourful work.

I am currently going though a phase of 'freedom, liberating' painting and Connie has something called "Fearless" painting that is about letting go and giving it a go no matter what which is exactly what I am looking for.

Using Keri Smith's books and Connie's, website they compliment what I am tyring to achieve. Now I only wish I could attend one of Connie's classes but can't justify a flight to the States for one day. I do however, have the fortune of Keri living close and teaching at Emily Carr so may pay a visit there.

2 comments:

  1. Awww!! You are so sweet Steph! I absolutely adore Keri Smith myself too! Have you ever heard her fabulous interview with Jamie Ridler? She's just the best!

    http://jamieridlerstudios.ca/creative-living-with-jamie-keri-smith

    Plus--are you doing Wreck This Journal? Is that what you're up to? I did that a few years ago too and documented most of my journey in my videos. You can see them on my YouTube channel if you scroll down.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/KitchenOfTheSoul?feature=mhum

    Thank you so much again for your sweet words and the link LOVE!!

    BIG Hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    Thanks for commenting and thanks for the links they are great.

    I am working on "How to be an Explorer of the World" I wanted Wreck this Journal but sadly it was not in stock - it will be my next purchase though. Wreck This Journal is how I came across your website funnily enough.

    Thanks again.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete