Saturday, February 26, 2011

Collages - Lips

I must confess, I am not a big fan of collages but I came across someone who produced collages (I forget the website, annoying, I know) and I was very impressed. My thought for my collage projects was not to create something fancy but to open my mind to other ways of producing art and to inspire me for something later in the future.


I started this task with nothing else in my the mind other than lips and I started cutting and pasting it in my sketch book. The more I continued I thought to myself, I wish I had not pasted them in and had arranged them until I liked what I saw then glue them together in a pattern of some sort. I am not complaining, on the contrary, it has opened my mind to the many possibilities of putting something together and seeing endless variations on one subject matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment