Sunday, February 27, 2011

Open the mind - think outside the box.

I am beginning to realise that I am very reserved with my art, more so than I ever realised. It is time to break away and loosen up a little. I believe that entering into the corporate world (as I have done so) can make people reserved taking away their inner child like qualities, taking away their creativity, thinking outside the corporate box, all the theories of the business world (which is all very well and good at times, even though I have never needed to put them in place) need to be in the back of the mind but thinking freely without feeling like an idiot is sometimes needed. When I have worked for a company that has allowed free thought I have excelled but some suppress ideas and there I survive.

So I am hoping all the collages, sketches, paintings photography will help me to look at the world in a new manner, an exciting child like manner, pretending that I have never seen it before and imagine that it is something else and then picturing what it would look like on paper, perhaps.

I think I will start video recording how I go about my work to add a new element to the potential of creative thought and it sometimes comes across better in person than writings, since some can interpret text one way and take it out of context.

Watch this space - you may see me on YouTube sometime in the near future.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment